9 September 2015

Daughters are a blessing........

I have written a lot about my younger daughter. She is a remarkable girl there is no doubt. But I never forget what my eldest daughter has meant to me. She was my first introduction to what selfless love means. She made me a mother. She made me strong enough to bear all that came during her childhood and later on in life. 

Sravanthi's wisdom is not the same as my younger child's. Yet she is wise. She has always been more like a friend to me rather than a child. We played together, we hid together, we studied together, we felt bad about the same things together. And she is the only one with the courage to calm me down. The only one who understands me with a touch. And what really amazes me is how she can sometimes put aside her own sorrow to offer me comfort and bring joy into our lives. 

It never also ceases to amaze me that I have been so blessed to have such strong beautiful, generous humane women born to me. Women of substance. That is what they are. 

Sravanthi is now a doctor. She chose that profession as she told me once - I thought about what I wanted to do in my life. I want to really help people feel better. And I have concluded that as a doctor I can do it best with that profession. Some times my heart swells with pride, not so much because she is a doctor and her achievements, but her simplicity, her love of nature, of all living creatures. Her compassion and her sense of fairness. 

Its her smiles, I love. I love her laughter. I love her voice. I love it when she calls me - Amma- in a voice which seems to say - hug me, I miss you, I love you, can you take care of me now. How I miss her childhood, when her dreams reached up to the stars and beyond. My wish, my dreams are that she continues to reach for the stars, that is my wish for both my daughters. 

Yes. Her wisdom is not the same as Ramya's wisdom, yet it is there, in the way she bends her head when listening to you, in the way she smiles and nods her head in understanding, in the way when unguarded she may say something as simple as - no one can stop you from doing what you want Amma. 

Do you think I can take credit for raising such fantastic girls? Am I a good example to them? Have I given them all the knowledge I have acquired over these past years to protect them and make the right choices? With Sravanthi I will always feel that I didn't have enough time with her, for now she is a grown woman. And time is past when my experiences have any relevance in her life today. 

I am immensely happy for your presence in my life - dear dear child. You are both my blessings and the accumulation of all that good karma in my life. To serve you is a pleasure and a joy I never knew can exist. 

Love you. My stars. My blessings. My daughters..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment